The Program: Elizabeth Drake

When I hit 500 followers on Twitter I figured it would be a good opportunity to create something really special. This was the result. For me, The Program is the one that got away - I first explored the concept on my blog with The Program: Amber Smith, which I intended to follow up with several sequels detailing Amber's experiences. Alas, Amber's story (and the stories of other Program volunteers I had planned) got lost in the shuffle and the sequels never took shape. 

So when devising a story for my 500 follower special, I decided it was time to return to The Program. As a thank you for all of his help with my work, I asked Papa Dragon to select the gallery for me and he certainly did not disappoint, and in the end this became the longest single-scene multi-part caption I had ever written up to that point. 

In my opinion, it is one of my crowning achievements, and I am supremely proud of it. Perhaps in the future I may finally add more to The Program - who knows, I might even finish Amber's story - but if I don't I am perfectly content with this being my final word on the concept. Ecstasy's story is one of my favourites from any story I've ever written, and I am so happy I was able to tell it. 









Comments