Brothers

I feel like this story is a good example of how my style and approach to erotica has changed since I first joined the community. This was written at a time when I was more confident in writing what I thought people wanted to read, rather than what I myself wanted to write. Different forms of incest are undoubtedly popular in this community, however that is a kink I have no interest in whatsoever. Yet when I wrote this piece, I involved incestual themes to try and satisfy any readers that might be into that sort of thing.

In the time since, I have drawn a line in the sand when it comes to incest in my erotica. Admittedly I have approached that line on various occasions, but rarely as overtly as this, if ever. Incest simply is not something I feel comfortable writing about, and whenever I write a story that requires characters to be related I make every effort to emphasise that they are no longer related post-transformation, or to distance the story from incestual themes however I can. 

That isn't to say I am ashamed of this piece, only that now I would write it very differently. I would change the relationship between Tomo and his slave to something more like best friends, or step-siblings, or something else that does not make them direct blood relatives. 

I am saying all this because I think it is important to highlight that I have changed and developed as a writer since I first began writing. Stories from my early days do not necessarily represent the person I am now, or even the person I was then - instead they serve to demonstrate that I did not always have the self-confidence to write purely what I enjoy writing. Equally, if there are any other creators reading this - especially those who may be new to the community - I think it is important to assure you that it's okay to write what you feel passionate about. You don't have to write stories you think will earn followers or likes or shares. Be yourself, write your truth, and your people will come.


 

Comments